Nanyang Model High School BC Program
1. On March 7th 2008, Memorandum of Educational Cooperation Between Administration of Education of Xuhui District and Ministry of Education of British Columbia and Agreement of BC Offshore High School program between Shanghai Nanyang Model High School and CINEC were officially sighed at Shanghai Nanyang Model High School.
2. On May 12th 2008, a Xuhui educational delegation led by Mr Zhu Jianhua, Deputy Director of Administration of Education of Xuhui District took an official visit to Ministry of Education of British Columbia and Vancouver Education Administration. As a delegation member, Mr. Lu Jiuhong, Vice Principal of Nanyang Model High School talked with the officials of BC Ministry of Education about the issues of the preparation, certification of candidacy status and official inspection of certification of BC program at Nanyang Model High School.
3. On July 9th 2008, with the company of Mr Yuan Gang, Director of CINEC Shanghai office, Vice Minister of BC Education Ministry, Mr Edward Vanderboom and his wife and Mr Tom Harris, BC program agent inspected Shanghai Model High School for candidateship certification.
4. On August 21st 2008, Mr Ron Wallsmith, Principal of Nanyang Model High School BC Program, arrived in Shanghai from Vancouver. Vice Principal Lu and Director Shen met Mr and Mrs Wallsmith at the airport
5. On September 1st 2008, the students and staff of BC Program joined in the opening ceremony of 2008-2009 school year of Nanyang Model High School. On behalf of the teachers of BC program, Principal Wallsmith addressed at the flag-raising ceremony.
6. On December 1st & 2nd 2008, the school underwent a comprehensive inspection by the British Columbia Ministry of Education. The inspectors were Theo VandeWeg, the Deputy Inspector for BC Independent Schools and Offshore Schools, and John Bevacqua, Principal of St. Patrick’s Independent School in Vancouver. They were impressed with the efforts made in the BC Program at Nanyang Model High School and how the guidelines set down by the BC Ministry of Education were met. Thus BC Program at Nanyang Model High School would be recommended to be granted certification. During the inspection, Principal Gao, Tom Harris, BC Agent and Su Huawei, Vice President of CINEC had a talk with the two inspectors and expressed heartfelt gratitude to their great work.